|~ Salvador Dali ~|
1933; some elements reconstructed 1970
Exhibit at Julien Levy Gallery - Photo Hansel Mieth, March 1939
LIFE - Jun 26, 1939
Literature and the Arts News
Surrealist Salvador Dali was arrested in New York for:
1. Refusing to pay admission to a New York art gallery.
2. Exhibiting sensuous surrealistic pictures.
3. A mural that did not make people ask "What is it?"
4. Breaking a plate glass window in a department store (Bonwit Teller) which had altered his window display.
5. Trying to sell fur-lined watches in front of Tiffany's.